Nitrous "Laughing Gas"
Are you nervous about going to the dentist? You don’t need to be nervous about coming to our practice. We offer dental sedation to relax our patients.
Also known as laughing gas, Nitrous is beneficial in calming a patient’s anxiety before a procedure. It is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe.
It is used primarily for its anesthetic and analgesic properties. It is a safe and effective gas that is inhaled by the patient. It is the most commonly used sedation technique in dentistry. Learn more about Nitrous Oxide sedation.
There are many advantages to using Nitrous
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Oral Conscious Sedation
Are extremely anxious about visiting the dentist? We can administer an oral sedative to relax you before performing any restorative dental procedure. Safe and effective, Oral Sedation allows you to remain awake and aware, but your anxiety will be reduced for any dental procedure.
Oral Sedation can also be combined with a light amount of Nitrous Oxide gas to increase your relaxation.
Advantages to patients include:
- Treatment is completed when you are in a more relaxed mood.
- You will have less difficulty sitting through a lengthy procedure.
- Multiple treatments and full mouth restorations can occur at during the same visit.
- Less discomfort after treatment.
We offer two types of IV Sedation for our patients.
Comprehensive Conscious IV Sedation (moderate)
Conscious IV Sedation is also known as “twilight sleep”. Our team is specialty trained to offer this type of sedation. It is particularly good for patients with strong gag reflexes, high dental anxiety or for those patients requiring multi-visit procedures that can be done in the same visit such as multiple implants. IV Sedation is also used in most oral surgery procedures and requires more planning on the patient and doctor’s part. The patient will be groggy after the procedure and as such, will need a friend or family member to drive them home as well as monitor them for the next few hours.
General Sedation - done by a licensed Dental Anesthesiologist (Deep)
General dental anesthesia - performed in our office by a licensed Dental Anesthesiologist - is an anesthetic method that will render you totally unconscious and unable to feel pain during your procedure. In your unconscious state, you will not have any fear and anxiety. General anesthesia is a very safe and effective way for patients to tolerate complex dental treatment.
Improving Your Smile Can Be Easy & Affordable
Schedule a Consultation with us TODAY!
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.
We are pleased to offer non-insured patients an In-house Dental Savings Plan.
Free Second Opinion
Got a diagnosis you are not sure about? Bring in your X-Rays for a second opinion.
For Dental Implants, Implant Dentures or Invisalign® Clear Braces.
$1000 OFF Dental Implants*
Regular $4,747. Offer expires in 60 days.
* Offer available for new and existing patients for their first implant. Offer only valid if completing treatment with abutment and crown. Call for details. Advertised fee is the minimum fee, subject to clinical need. One or more of these ADA codes may reflect the treatment rendered under this offer. D6010, D6057, D6058.
Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.